Saturday 4 December 2010

Culture? introducing Ora Kolmanovsky..

..On this saturday, I have the great pleasure of introducing the artist that is Ora Kolmanovsky. The work is wonderfully strange, and the softness of the lines is in a big part inhancing this. I really like theese drawings, they have a uniqe feel to them, and Ora is answering some questions for us today. So, here it is your daily shot at art with Ora Kolmanovsky:

..Couple..

..Childhood..


..Alter ego..

..Beatutiful losers..

..Deer..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc.?
My name is Ora Kolmanovsky, I was born in former USSR and lately moved to Israel where I live and work since 1994.

-What inspired you to start drawing?
Always been exposed to different kind of medias as a theater, design and music, drawing become a part of my personal research after another way of expression and as a part of video projects I create. Most of my time dedicated to motion and I used my drawings in those projects

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
My occupation is web, digital design, to create is a continuation of my personal research for ansvers on many questions.

-Where do you find inspiration?
Inside of my self - these are personal memories and influents of several events. My imagination always works, registering and cataloging, my mind is full of different images, which come to live through my work - I am a big dreamer.

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
I admire so many, only few of them are: directors Andrei Tarkovsky and Sergei Parajanov – for their incredible visions.
Italian illustrator Lorenzo Mattotti and Rebecca Dautremer are my favorite illustrators.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?
http://www.ofmuzar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.